I have spent a lot of my life feeling intimidated. What are they thinking? How do I measure up? Nobody really wants me in the group. I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, thin enough, athletic enough, funny enough, fast enough.......
No one will ask me out (or want me to ask them out). No one would want to come to a party I'm having.
On and on and on. Feeling intimidated and 'less than' is reinforced throughout our lives (I HATE, more than I can possibly say, those games where two captains choose people to be on their teams). But there comes a point at which I must grow up enough to say "I'm good enough, even if I was always chosen last for the team". Just because you may never have found your 'bosom friend' doesn't mean you will never have one or that you're not worthy of one. Just because someone turned you down for a date doesn't mean there aren't many who are just waiting and praying that you'll ask. Just because the plan you had isn't working out doesn't mean the way it's working out won't be wonderful.
When you're feeling like others are looking through you, check out whether you have a mirror in your hands. Are you assuming what you think others are thinking? Looking in the mirror too much and spending time wondering what others are thinking of you keeps you from looking for those who need you to tell them they're OK. Others need you!
Intimidation isn't a Christlike word. It's a mean, ugly word. It's a mean, ugly feeling. Refuse to be intimidated. Throw your shoulders back and step up. You're way more than good enough.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment