Funny thing. Most businesses (utilities, credit card companies, other places you owe money) like to be paid every month! Go figure. The 'when I feel like it, think of it, or get around to it' system is generally frowned upon.
I've come to the conclusion that the best system for me is to have a set day every month (like the 7th) on which I set down and pay bills. I have one bill that doesn't show up until the 10th. That one has to have special treatment. But others are due before the 10th, so the 7th, with special treatment, works best for me. The first Saturday of the month, or the last day of the month or some other specific day might work best for you.
I have a book with a list of all the bills I have to pay, how I pay them (online, direct pay from the credit union, auto pay, by mail etc), when I actually pay them, and how much. This helps me keep track that I did pay and how much I paid.
It's a habit thing. A very useful habit thing.
And since it's the 7th....gotta go!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment